(Located directly southwest of this Tilden Fire Station)In 1847, a German by the name of George Myers arrived in Chippewa Falls looking for a tract of land for farming purposes. Prior to that time no one had attempted to cultivate any larger spot of ground than a garden patch. He chose this tract of land about six miles northwest of the "Falls" in what was then the town of Eagle Point and since becoming a part of the town of Tilden in 1883. The mercantile firm of Allen and Bass transported for him by boat, his farming implements and other necessaries.
|Placed By||Chippewa County Historical Society|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, September 14th, 2014 at 8:40am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||15T E 622024 N 4982756|
|Decimal Degrees||44.98776667, -91.45210000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 44° 59.266', W 91° 27.126'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||44° 59' 15.96" N, 91° 27' 7.56" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 10732-10998 100th Ave, Chippewa Falls WI 54729, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.