Circa 1818Stood 2800 feet north of this point, just west of Line Creek on the Federal Road. Moved to Montgomery in 1978 to serve as the Visitor and Information Center for the Old North Hull Historic District, it is the oldest remaining building in Montgomery County. Original proprietor, James Abercrombie, ran it from about 1818. Walter B. Lucas announced his take over of the tavern in the January 6, 1821 issue of the Montgomery Republican. A four-room frame building with a long central hall, the tavern's most famous guest was Revolutionary War hero the Marquis de Lafayette who stayed here on April 2, 1825 during his triumphant tour of the United States.
|Placed By||East Montgomery County Historical Society, Inc., Alabama Historical Association|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, September 21st, 2014 at 9:41pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16S E 590133 N 3581403|
|Decimal Degrees||32.36595000, -86.04195000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 32° 21.957', W 86° 2.517'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||32° 21' 57.42" N, 86° 2' 31.02" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 13284 US-80, Pike Rd AL 36064, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.