The New Home of the Hamilton-Grange
— National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior —The New Home of the Hamilton-Grange. Alexander Hamilton's house, named "The Grange" after his family's ancestral home in Scotland, was moved from its original site on W. 143rd Street to 287 Convent Avenue in 1889. Studies have been done to determine how the house looked in Hamilton's time, and the National Park Service intends to reconstruct its original exterior appearance, making it possible to once again view the entire Grange. A part of Hamilton's original 32 acre estate, St Nicholas Park is the third and final location of the home. Hamilton helped design and which he called his "sweet project." For more information visit www.nps.gov/hagr.
|Placed By||National Park Service|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 27th, 2014 at 5:13am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||18T E 589457 N 4519137|
|Decimal Degrees||40.81838333, -73.93923333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 40° 49.103', W 73° 56.354'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||40° 49' 6.18" N, 73° 56' 21.24" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||917, 212, 646|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 100-198 W 141st St, New York NY 10030, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.