This rancho was a grant from the Mexican goverment (sic) to Jose, Maria, Mejia and Juan Perez Pacheco made November 4, 1843 and signed by Manuel Micheltorena, Mexican governor of the Californias.
The grant contained eleven square leagues of land and in 1852 when the Pacheco family filed claim with the United States for title it was located in Mariposa County.
A patent was issued to the heirs of the Pacheco's May 16, 1871 and was signed by U.S. Grant, President of the United States.
The age of the "adobe" building for which this marker is placed is not recorded, but from such data as can be obtained its age is estimated to be over 105 years.
Yosemite Parlor No. 24, N.S.G.W., Merced, in dedicating this plaque, this 26th day of April 1931 expresses the hope that all future generations may preserve this historic building and pay homage to the pioneers who built it.