Music has always been an important part of the ministry of Toccoa Falls College. However, in 1958, this fact was in jeopardy as the school was faced with the possibility of losing its music department. Fire destroyed Ring Music Hall, and school administrators rushed to find ways to keep the program going. Dr. and Mrs. Forrest were adamant: somehow the music department would remain and continue to grow. Music was a daily part of their lives and they keenly understood the importance of praise and worship. Therefore, faculty and staff were relentless in prayer asking God the music facility.
Plans were drawn up and included a larger facility that would be used for the recently approved B.S. major in sacred music. Before his death in 1958, Dr. Forrest walked over the proposed site for the new music building and dedicated it to God. He believed the lord would supply the money needed for reconstruction. The estimated cost of the new music building was fifty thousand dollars. When thirty thousand was raised construction began. By the time the building was completed in 1960, Dr. and Mrs. Forrest had died, but the sound of worship and praise on the campus of Toccoa Falls continued.
The new administration, led by Dr. Julian Bandy, had the privilege of dedicating a new debt-free facility. Later, the music building was named in honor of Mrs. Eunice (Bascom) Bandy. She was a part-time music teacher and the beloved wife of Dr. Bandy, the second president of Toccoa Falls Institute.
This historical marker is placed in honor of the Centennial Celebration 1907-2007. Donated by alumni from classes 1936-1976.