In memory of the honored founders of Mendon
'the old mother town.'
Eight towns are now located on her original territory. Near this spot Mendon's first three meeting houses were built."
Ferdinando Thayer · George Aldrich · Daniel Lovett · John Moore · John Woodland · John Barber · Matthias Puffer · Joseph White · John Thompson · Walter Cook · Abraham Staples · John Gurney · John Rockwood
Col. William Crown · John Jepson · Rev. Joseph Emerson · Samuel Hayward · Benjamin Albee · William Holbrook · Job Tyler · Joseph Stevens · John Warfield · Angel Torrey · John Parish · Timothy Winter · John Sprague
Rev. Grindall Rawson · George Sumner · Robert Taft · Benjamin Wheelock · Josiah Chapin · James Keith · John Farnum · Joshua Lazell · Samuel Read · Joseph Plumly · John Post · Eleazer Daniels · John Jones
(one name John Bartlett for some reason was omitted as a Founder on the Monument but was here by 1672 before many others named on the monument:)Bottom of Monument:
Above named are in the order of their settlement;1663-1770
This Park Established by the Mendon Historical Society With Donations by descendants of the above Founders: A list of the donors may be found with the Town Memoirs: