Upper Suspension Bridge

Upper Suspension Bridge (HM17XW)

Location: Niagara Falls, ON 32569 Niagara Regional Municipality
Country: Canada
Buy Canada flags at Flagstore.com!

N 43° 5.425', W 79° 4.244'

  • 0 check ins
  • 0 favorites
This plaque marks the entrance to the Upper Suspension Bridge, opened in July 1869, then the longest suspension bridge in the world. The iron cables were hung from timber towers. In 1884-87, this wooden bridge was changed to steel. In 1898, this steel bridge was replaced by the Upper Steel Arch Bridge.
HM NumberHM17XW
Year Placed1989
Placed ByNiagara Falls Bridge Commission
Marker ConditionNo reports yet
Date Added Thursday, September 4th, 2014 at 7:47pm PDT -07:00
Sorry, but we don't have a picture of this historical marker yet. If you have a picture, please share it with us. It's simple to do. 1) Become a member. 2) Adopt this historical marker listing. 3) Upload the picture.
Locationbig map
UTM (WGS84 Datum)17T E 657022 N 4772661
Decimal Degrees43.09041667, -79.07073333
Degrees and Decimal MinutesN 43° 5.425', W 79° 4.244'
Degrees, Minutes and Seconds43° 5' 25.50" N, 79° 4' 14.64" W
Driving DirectionsGoogle Maps
Area Code(s)850
Closest Postal AddressAt or near 109 River Rd, Niagara Falls ON 32569, CA
Alternative Maps Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap

Is this marker missing? Are the coordinates wrong? Do you have additional information that you would like to share with us? If so, check in.

Check Ins  check in   |    all

Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.

Comments 0 comments

Maintenance Issues
  1. Is this marker part of a series?
  2. What historical period does the marker represent?
  3. What historical place does the marker represent?
  4. What type of marker is it?
  5. What class is the marker?
  6. What style is the marker?
  7. Does the marker have a number?
  8. This marker needs at least one picture.
  9. Can this marker be seen from the road?
  10. Is the marker in the median?