Built in 1840, this house was sold by Frances Towers to Isavelle, wife of Arthur Lewis, in 1847. Richard Lewis, creator of the popular patent medicine, Lewis Eye Water, was born here in 1849. In 1852-58, the owner was George Hawkins, Territorial Senator, member of the Florida Legislative Council, Circuit Judge, and pre-Civil War U.S. Congressman. Over the next 125 years, long-time owners included the B.F. Alderman family (1876-1922), J.E. Jones family (1922-46), and Ed Wykoff family (1946-74). The Chamber of Commerce purchased the house in 1984 after Floye Brewton had stripped away earlier additions and renovations to uncover the original structure, restoring where possible and refurbishing where necessary.