(The Feeney Hotel)Built in 1885 by Richard Feeney and first known as the Feeney Hotel. The hotel catered to miners and stage coach travelers. The saloon houses the 1850's Empire Bar once housed in the Empire Hotel. This bar was brought around Cape Horn from England, then by horse and wagon to French Gulch. The main dining room and parlor with bedrooms were added later. The Feeney family owned and operated the hotel until it was sold in the late 1940's. The new owners changed the name to the French Gulch Hotel.
|Series||This marker is part of the E Clampus Vitus series|
|Placed By||E Clampus Vitus, Trinitarianus Chapter 62|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, October 5th, 2014 at 2:15pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||10T E 530513 N 4505460|
|Decimal Degrees||40.69948333, -122.63881667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 40° 41.969', W 122° 38.329'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||40° 41' 58.14" N, 122° 38' 19.74" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 14138 Main St, French Gulch CA 96033, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.