This stone commemorates Wilson Harbor as a Port of Entry. The early growth of Wilson Harbor was spearheaded by Luther Wilson (first son of our founder Reuben Wilson). In the late 1800's this area contained many boathouses and storehouses, used to store small rowboats and, in later years, early powered launches used for fishing. These boats were also used to ferry people to and from Sunset Island. Summer resort guests, along with local people, would rent rowboats, canoes, fishing poles and bait, after which they would spend a day on the lake or in the harbor. The structure that is now the current Wilson Boat House was built in the early 1900's as a fresh fish market. A large motor launch was used for fishing and to provide ferry service to Sunset Island. It has been added to and remodeled many times over the years and has even survived a fire in the 1950's. - as told by C. F. Horton. Wilson Boathouse & Fish Market circa 1930's.