Site of Eastern Terminus First Street Cars in the World Propelled by CableCommenced operation August 1, 1873. Ceased February 15, 1947. Invented and installed by Andrew S. Hallidie, born London, England March 16, 1836. Died San Francisco, April 24, 1900. Pioneer manufacturer of wire cables, Regent University of California, twice member board of Freeholders for drafting proposed city charter, served on first Board of Trustees, 1878 of the San Francisco Public Library.
|Marker Number||CHL 500|
|Placed By||California State Park Commission, base by Friends of Andrew S. Hallidie|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, October 12th, 2014 at 3:12pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||10S E 552377 N 4183207|
|Decimal Degrees||37.79473333, -122.40508333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 37° 47.684', W 122° 24.305'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||37° 47' 41.04" N, 122° 24' 18.30" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||415, 925, 650, 510|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 733 Kearny St, San Francisco CA 94108, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.