Where many exciting adventures await you! Explore the rugged canyons, climb the spectacular mountains or ride the Snake River's rapids in Hells Canyon National Recreation Area.
In Oregon, forested draws and grassy benches plunge 7,000 feet above sea level down to the Snake River at 1,200 feet. Across the river, sheer cliffs soar to 9,393 feet in Idaho's Seven Devils Mountains.
A trip from rim to rim takes you through many different "life zones" - ranging from alpine tundra communities on the high peaks to cactus and sagebrush in the desert canyons.
Hells Canyon Overlook
is just one of the many places on the National Recreation Area where you can get a feel for this incredible National Forest treasure. Don't end your visit here. Immerse yourself in the grandeur of Hells Canyon from rim to rapids.
Explore! Experience! Enjoy!
The Hells Canyon Overlook was made possible by the following partners:
- Baker, Union, Wallawa Counties
- Baker, Hells Canyon, Wallowa County Chambers of Commerce
- Baker City and County Economic Development Department
- Baker County Regional Strategies Committee
- City of Halfway
- Meyer Memorial Trust
- Eastern Oregon Visitors Association
- Oregon Economic Development Department
- Oregon Regional Strategies Program
- Oregon State Tourism Division
- USDA Forest Service