The Fountain Baptist Church ? mi. S. & 1 mi. E. believed to be the successor to Oklahoma's first Baptist church organized by Rev. Isaac McCoy Sept. 9, 1832 in this vicinity at Ebenezer Station with six charter members: Quasch, Bob, and Ned, slaves of the Creeks; Rev. & Mrs. David Lewis, missionaries; and John Davis, a Creek who later was the first Baptist minister ordained in what is now Oklahoma. The church grew until the Civil War when it ceased activities until the Era of Reconstruction. Meeting houses in various locations were used including a frame structure built in 1901 at site of present building erected 1956 by Black, Indian, and White Baptists of Oklahoma symbolic of these races in the church's origin.