ca 1828William Ellicott commissioned architect N. G. Starkweather and builder C. Timanus to build this home of rubble stone, stuccoed in old Maryland Gold. In the 1850's. Home to Judge John Snowden Tyson, whose surviving maiden daughter Ida lived here until the 1920's. Late home to the Louis T. Clark family of 13. Purchased by Charles Miller in the 1970's and converted to offices. HEC, Inc. Decorator Show House in 1995 and 2013.
|Placed By||Historic Ellicott City, Inc,|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, October 5th, 2014 at 3:55am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||18S E 345016 N 4348177|
|Decimal Degrees||39.26910000, -76.79658333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 39° 16.146', W 76° 47.795'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||39° 16' 8.76" N, 76° 47' 47.70" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||202, 410, 443, 301|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 3748 Church Rd, Ellicott City MD 21043, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.