In 1955, Ervin Jackson and Newman H. Waters developed the first office park in the United States.
Since 1871 office buildings had been located in downtown Birmingham so the concept of thousands of workers coming to a suburban work-place was a daring experiment. The new plan worked and changed forever the working habits of office employees all over America.
With the concept of low-rise buildings, free parking, easy access and beautiful surroundings, with landscaping, fountains and attractive architecture, the idea quickly spread across the country. Philip C.
Jackson, Sr. was also very instrumental in bringing Mountain Brook
Office Park to fruition.
The successful beginning of this office park was through the contributions of various people including architects Harry D. Hester and Lawrence S. Whitten, lead contractor F. R. Soar & Son, landscaper
Hubert Norwood and leasing agent Willis T. Snow of the Jackson Company.