This building was located at 52 North Second East Street from 1942 through 1954, located just north of the alley and one-half block north of the Union Pacific Railroad depot. It was used for office space by the TOWN OF GREEN RIVER.
This building is a small, one-room, tongue-and-groove, wooden structure with a sliding side window which overlooked a scale for weighing and checking loads of coal, etc.
The property on which this building was located was sold to the Fraternal Order of Eagles in 1954, at which time the town offices were moved to their newly-built offices at 89 West First North Street (later known as Flaming Gorge Way).
In 1954, the old city hall building was removed from the 52 North Second East location and stored by the town west of Evers Park.
In 1955, the Green River Historic Preservation Commission, in cooperation with the City Parks Division, moved the building and restored it at its present site.