A. P. "Ace" Borger purchased 240 acres of land here in January 1926 and began to establish a new town. Within ninety days, the oil field town named for Borger had a population of more than 50,000 people.
The Rev. W. M. Lane, the presiding elder of the Amarillo district of the Methodist Episcopal Church, South, visited Borger and decided to establish a church. The Rev. Orion W. Carter conducted the first worship service in the local grocery store. By July 1926 the church was formally organized by Carter with 15 charter members, and a 36' x 60' church building was erected by Guy Rich. By the end of the year the Sunday School had an enrollment of 250, and women's and youth programs were established. An addition was built in 1928 to accommodate the growing membership.
A second church structure, located on the corner of West Second and North Hedgecoke, was erected in 1930. The edifice served the congregation until 1952, when a third sanctuary was constructed at West Second and North McGee streets. An educational building was added in 1960. The congregation has grown with the city of Borger, and maintains a strong community presence.