Andalusia City Hall
Today, the Andalusia City Hall houses city government offices and is a host site for meetings and special events. Modern information, technology, and communications of city government mesh with the original wood flooring
and other details of a bygone era to create an atmosphere that speaks of Andalusia's commitment to her future and pride in her past.
Three Notch School
This building was originally erected as the Three Notch School and
is the oldest existing school building in Andalusia. The property
was acquired in 1902 from Mrs. Malachi Riley. The Three Notch
School was built in 1914 at the cost of $100,000 by Andalusia
Manufacturing Company. The architect was C. Frank Galliher. Luther E. Brown was the school superintendent and Abner R. Powell Sr. was the mayor. The auditorium in the school was the center of Andalusia's cultural and civic activities. The stately building served as a school for Andalusia children for 85 years. In 2002, during the first administration of Mayor Earl V. Johnson, a restoration project was undertaken to convert the building to
use as the Andalusia City Hall. McKee and Associates of Montgomery were the architects and Zedot Construction of Wetumpka, the contractor. The renovation was completed in 2004 at a cost of $3.5 million. That same year, the building was officially dedicated as the Andalusia City Hall.