Marker 1 (in front of the Town Hall)
In 1847 Taylor became an independent township named after General Zachary Taylor who later became president. Taylor's first Township Hall was built in 1886 and housed the services of the Township Board, Supervisor, Treasurer and Clerk. Here citizens could pay their taxes and register to vote. It served the township until 1958 when a larger Hall was built. On May 13, 1968, Taylor officially became a City. This near replica of Taylor's first Town Hall was constructed by the Taylor Schools Building Trades class of 1990-91. Architectural services donated by Yops and Wilkie.
Marker 2 (on west wall of Town Hall)
The following students along with Robert Harple, Instructor, were responsible for the construction of this near replica of Taylor's first Town Hall: David Beard, Thomas Borden, Michael Clipper, Ronald Cosman, James David, E. Michael Donathan, Edward Dupie, Leonard Finney, Terrance Hawthorne, Scott Kincaide, James Langford, Raymond Machnik, Gerald Mishloney, Tracy Murray, Thorney Pattenaude, Shawn Potter, Edward Tamlin, Steven Sherrill and Harold Woods.