This tablet is erected to the memory of
The Right Rev. George Maxwell Randall, D.D.
Bishop of Colorado, Wyoming, and New Mexico. Born Nov. 23, 1810. Died Sept. 28, 1873. Who held his last service in this building on its former site at Wind River on August 19, 1873, when he baptized eleven Shoshone Indians including four grandchildren of Sacajawea.
This chapel originally built by the government as a mission house for the Shoshones and used for many years as a school and house of worship was moved to this place in March, 1916.