Organized in February of 1845 as the Kingsborough Methodist Episcopal Church, South. The Rev. Wm. K. Wilson was first pastor. In 1850 Kingsborough (county seat) was renamed Kaufman. Present site was purchased and first building erected 1857, with The Rev. J. A. Scruggs as pastor. The second building, a traditional steepled, white frame structure, was built 1876 at cost of $400, with The Rev. O.P. Thomas as pastor. Present brick building was erected 1909 at a cost of $13,000. The Rev. A.R. Nash was pastor. It was redecorated 1968, with The Rev. E.H. Cole, Pastor.