The community of Roddy (4 mi. NE) was established by Stephen G. Roddy in 1884. The Roddy Masonic Lodge was chartered on May 14, 1892. The 24 charter members included Worshipful Master S. G. Roddy and many former members of the lodge in Prairieville, located a few miles northwest of Roddy. Early lodge meetings were held on the second floor of the Stanhiser General Merchandise Store in Roddy.
In 1906 the lodge relocated to Mabank, at that time a rapidly growing railroad town established in 1900. The lodge met in several locations including the "Jones Building" located at the southwest corner of Third and Market Streets. Shortly after that building was destroyed by fire in 1914, the lodge met in a hall located above a post office at the northwest corner of Third and Market Streets. A new lodge hall, consisting of a large lodge room, reception room, kitchen, and preparation rooms was built near this site in 1958.
The lodge, which has a history of raising funds to help local schools improve their facilities, has established an educational grant program which annually awards scholarships to two of the area's graduating high school seniors. Roddy Lodge also contributes to the Scottish Rite Children's Hospital of Dallas.