Mississippi Mound TrailThe Glass site originally consisted of four pyramidal mound surrounding an open plaza, with a possible fifth mound located to the north. Of these, Mound A alone remains undamaged. It stands 30 feet high and has a ramp extending south toward the plaza. Recent archaeological excavations at Glass located two burned wattle and daub structures on the summit of Mound A. The mounds were built by Native Americans during the Mississippi Period, from AD 1200 to 1600, but the site was occupied as early as AD 200.
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||15S E 695293 N 3567621|
|Decimal Degrees||32.22826667, -90.92746667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 32° 13.696', W 90° 55.648'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||32° 13' 41.76" N, 90° 55' 38.88" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||601, 769|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling South|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 6249-6467 US-61, Vicksburg MS 39180, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.