First Christian Church organized in Eastland in 1878 under the Rev. Cyrus Scarborough. There were a number of important Eastland leaders, including city founders, among the church's early membership. In 1886, the congregation moved from the county courthouse, where it had been holding services, into new facilities. In 1907, it moved again, constructing a building on this site.
The church has a history of ecumenical programs, working in partnership with local Presbyterian and Methodist churches. The congregations have held combined summer evening worship services, as well as vacation bible schools and youth group events.
The church has played an active role in the community it serves. The Men's Fellowship Bible Class, also interdenominational, has been a vital part of Eastland. Members have developed many service projects, including construction of a park in an African American community during the era of segregation and the collection and delivery of items for Thanksgiving and Christmas drives. The church has focused on outreach through missions and local service, as members established a food pantry for senior citizens, a jail ministry and children's mission fund to distribute supplies to needy students. The church has also opened its doors to local organizations and activities, including blood drives.
more than 100 years of service, First Christian Church of Eastland continues to be a spiritual, education and community leader for the area.