(Two markers identify this early two-story brick home.)
Neo-classical style house built 1916 for Warren A. and Myrta Hunt Bacon. Designed by W.M. Rice of Amarillo. Bacon, a successful businessman and civic leader, lived in Lubbock County from 1893 until his death in 1938. Mrs. Bacon was the daughter of south Plains pioneer George M. Hunt, who settled in Estacado in 1884. She lived in the house until her death in 1967 at age 89. The First Episcopal Diocese of Northwest Texas acquired the house in 1981.
1982 By the City of Lubbock, Urban Design and Historic Preservation Commission.
This two-story brick home was built in 1916 for Warren A. Bacon (1871-1938), a prominent Lubbock business and civic leader, and his wife Myrta (Hunt) (1878-1967), daughter of a pioneer area family. The Bacon residence was constructed from plans of W. M. Rice, a noted Amarillo architect, and was located in the Overton Addition, the first residential addition to the original townsite of Lubbock. It remained in the Bacon family for over 65 years.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark