The McKinley Coach is the oldest rail car at The Antlers Hotel. Construction with square nails date it to the 1800's. Coach/baggage combination cars were especially suited for shortline railroads such as the 7 mile long Rockdale, Sandow & Southern Railway. Passengers sat in rows along the windows while luggage was stored in the back. When the Henry family of Rockdale, Texas acquired this car in the 1950's, it had been retired from service and no longer had its original trucks (wheels). The International & Great Northern combination car is a gift to The Antlers Hotel from the estate of E.E. Henry and Lillie T. Henry; Ann E. Henry and E. David Henry.
Renovated as a hotel room in 2001, the combine has a king size bed, twin beds, one and a half baths, a living area & a kitchen. The interior features ornately paneled wood and a vaulted ceiling. Stained glass in the clerestory windows and antique gas light fixtures (now electrified) provide an old world luxury to the coach. It is named in honor of President William McKinley who visited Austin by rail on May 3, 1901 - the week The Antlers Hotel opened.