In 1910 Del Rio National Bank bought this lot and hired noted Texas architect Alfred Giles to design this structure. The cartouche and cornice above the main entrance, stylistic flourishes not seen in Giles' earlier San Antonio and Hill Country work, reflect his later work in northern Mexico. The Bank vacated this structure in 1931 for a larger building. In ,1937 community leaders, including John Brinkley and Thomas Graham, Jr., chartered the Del Rio Loan Company and moved into this building, which also became home to lawyers, doctors, dentists, the Mexican Consulate, and the Edwards-Graham Insurance Company. After World War II Victor Lee worked his way up to D.R.L.C. president becoming sole proprietor and owner of the property.
The business and building remain in the family in 2003.