Here stands one the first commercial buildings in Pleasanton, possibly as old as 1864. Originally a general store, this building has been a bar, brothel, bank and unofficial Wells Fargo stagecoach stop. Since 1959 it has become well-known as the first pizza parlor in the Tri-Valley.
In the dusty days of the American West, ten rooms above the bank served weary travelers with rest and recreation. Today some people believe the building is haunted by a full-figured female ghost, know locally as the Blue Lady, seen from a second story window. An underground tunnel system once connected several buildings and businesses along Main Street and it's also believe haunted. Although long since closed, the tunnels were built and used by Chinese laborers working on the railroads in 1880'S. This attractive building is representative of commercial Italianate architecture.
Plaque placed 2016 / 6021
By Joaquin Murrieta Chapter 13
E Clampus Vitus