Ursprungligen manufakturaffär, grundad av Paul U Bergström 1882. Byggt 1917-37. Huset vid Kungsgatan tillkom 1917, fasad Cyrillus Johansson, byggnaden mot Hötorget 1925, arkitekter E Bernhard och H Ahlberg. Husen mot Drottninggatan sammanbyggdes 1937, ark. A von Schmalensee. Bohagshuset vid Drottninggatan byggdes 1955-59, arkitekter Erik och Tore Ahlsén. Efter Paul U Bergströms död 1934 övertogs varuhuset av Konsum. Drivs sedan 1994 som entrepenörsvaruhus.
The present store premises were erected between 1917 and 1937 with the addition of the notable building south of Drottninggatan in 1959. The complex reopened after alterations in 1994.
[English translation of Swedish text:]
Originally a goods shop, founded by Paul U. Bergström in 1882. Built in 1917-37. The building on Kungsgatan was built in 1917, with a facade designed by Cyrillus Johansson; the building opposite Hötorget Square was built in 1925, architects E. Bernhard and H. Ahlberg. The buildings on Drottninggatan were built in 1937, architect A. von Schmalensee. The household goods store on Drottninggatan was built 1955-59, architects Erik and Tore Ahlsén. After Paul U. Bergström's death in 1934, the department store was taken over by Konsum. Since 1994 has been run as a shopping mall.