ca. 1896This building began its life as Lowell Primary School No. 3 in 1845 and the first floor dates to that time. By the 1890s it had been acquired by William Parker, a bobbin manufacturer who was also president of the First National Bank. Although Parker didn't live here, he did undertake extensive renovations. Upper stories were added, constructed of yellow brick with metal-clad bay windows, enlarging and converting the former school into residences.
|Placed By||City of Lowell and Lowell Historic Board|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, May 26th, 2018 at 4:01pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||19T E 310666 N 4724183|
|Decimal Degrees||42.64683333, -71.30963333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 42° 38.81', W 71° 18.578'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||42° 38' 48.6" N, 71° 18' 34.68" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||508, 978|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling East|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 19 Paige St, Lowell MA 01852, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.