This 12-acre site was set aside by Islip Town in 1974 as a repository for 19th century structures that were threatened with demolition. Islip Town garnered the support of community groups to create a rural, pre-Civil War village with the structures that had been moved on site. The Islip Grange was formally dedicated in 1976 with the intent to preserve the culture and traditions of Long Island's past. The land was once part of family-owned farm run by Jacobus Daane, a Dutch immigrant who had also worked as an oysterman, a barn, pig pen, chicken coop and corn crib once stood here. The family also ran a vegetable stand on Montauk Hwy with their harvest. However, the farm was lost after Jacobus died of pneumonia and the family had to sell their land to a dairy farmer, Archie Brown. Brown employed one of the Daane children, Adrian. Another dairyman, John Budenos, purchased the farm from Brown in 1920.