This building was erected in 1921 as the J. Lodge Motor Company, becoming one of the earliest Buick dealerships in the region. Joseph Lodge and Raymond Case operated the business together until Raymond's passing in 1944.
In 1953, Joseph Lodge died, and in 1957, the building and business transferred to F. Gardner Case, son of Raymond Case, becoming the Case Motor Company.
In 1989, the building transferred again to Samuel Shugart Case, F. Garnder's son, and became a furniture factory. In later years, the building would serve as a furniture showroom, an archery range, and a retail store.
In 2012, the Case Building was purchased by Catoctin Creek Distilling Company as a home for their distillery.