—Built 1909, Relocated 1986 —The Rock Island Railroad was completed through Gerald in March, 1901. In 1902, a depot was built. Destroyed by fire, the present depot was erected to replace it and was operational until March, 1975, when the Rock Island Railroad filed bankruptcy. Scheduled for demolition, the Gerald citizens wished to preserve the historic depot raising funds to move the depot to the present location. This depot is the only remaining original Rock Island Depot left on the Rock Island line and a part of the City of Gerald Heritage.
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, April 27th, 2019 at 5:01pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||15S E 645241 N 4251190|
|Decimal Degrees||38.39715000, -91.33676667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 38° 23.829', W 91° 20.206'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||38° 23' 49.74" N, 91° 20' 12.36" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling East|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near , ,|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.