Sherwood Village NeighborhoodThe land that eventually became Sherwood Village was first granted to James Bonnell by the U.S. Government in 1822. In 1872, the property was conveyed to Lorenzo Van Scyoc and became part of the Van Scyoc Farm. Although Sherwood Village was subdivided into 1940 by the Fletcher Trust Company, the first home was built in 1937 at 738 Sherwood Drive. Bounded on the north and east by Marott Park. Williams Creek, and a tributary of the White River; on the west by College Avenue; and on the south by 71st Street, the neighborhood was included in the incorporation of the Town of Meridian Hills in 1937, which was then known as "The Front Yard of Indianapolis."
|Placed By||The Town of Meridian Hills|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, April 27th, 2019 at 5:03pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16S E 573046 N 4415266|
|Decimal Degrees||39.88431667, -86.14570000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 39° 53.059', W 86° 8.742'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||39° 53' 3.5399999999998" N, 86° 8' 44.52" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling East|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near , ,|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.