Chicago, Burlington & Quincy
—1939 —Built by the Budd Company with the engine a 1,000 H.P. 567 diesel built by General Motors' Electro Motive Division. At 80' long and weighing 202,000 lbs. #9908 was the last of the early "Zephyr" trains in which the car body housed the engine and doubled as a mall/baggage car. This unit originally powered the "General Pershing Zephyr" on fast runs from St. Louis to Kansas City and was the last shovel-nosed engine in service. Donated in 1966 by the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad.
|Placed By||Museum of Transportation|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, April 28th, 2019 at 5:01am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||15S E 721044 N 4272292|
|Decimal Degrees||38.57161667, -90.46270000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 38° 34.297', W 90° 27.762'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||38° 34' 17.82" N, 90° 27' 45.72" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling East|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near , ,|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.