Main Oﬃce Building
—721 Pestalozzi Street —Originally constructed as the Lyon School in 1868 at a cost of $42,000, this building was intended to serve educational needs of the entire far southern and western portions of St. Louis. It was named in honor of Captain Nathaniel Lyon, the commander of the Union Forces in Missouri during the early days of the Civil War. It was to this school Adolphus Busch sent each of his children including August A. Busch Sr., who when he later became President of the brewery had his office in the same room where he once attended class. By 1907, the city no longer needed the Lyon School and sold it to Adolphus Busch, who converted it into the brewery's main office building while maintaining its exterior charm and grace. For 75 years, it housed the offices of each succeeding president of Anheuser-Busch until, 1982, the corporate headquarters were moved to One Busch Place.
|Placed By||Anheuser Busch Companies, LLC|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Monday, April 29th, 2019 at 8:03pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||15S E 742837 N 4275807|
|Decimal Degrees||38.59756667, -90.21158333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 38° 35.854', W 90° 12.695'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||38° 35' 51.24" N, 90° 12' 41.7" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling West|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near , ,|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.