Costanoan Peoples passed through this area along a trade route from their villages between the Pinnacles and San Juan Bautista. Durning the Mexican Era of Alta California, this property was government land enjoining Rancho Santa Ana y Quien Sabe. During the American Era, an orchard was established, and immigrants Thomas and Pantello Ferrando, brothers from Italy built their home (C.1900) and improved the operation with the addition of a barn and other outbuildings. In 1967 the county purchased the property from the Gambetta Family and planned a park for recreational use. The San Benito County Historical Society wanted to include a historic village, and the first building was moved in 1977- The Sullivan House (C. 1867). This move was followed by the Willow Creek School, Dunneville Dance Hall, Tres Pinos Jail, Woods Cabin, Cottage Corners Bar, and the Palmtag Cutting Shed. The San Benito County Historical Park was dedicated on Sunday November 14, 1982.
Dedicated April 13, 2019
Monterey Viejo 1846 E Clampus Vitus
San Benito County Historical Society