(obverse) Early in 1792, Revolutionary War veteran, Richard Taylor, bought 175 acres bounded by Rudy Lane. Land was given to Isaac Shelby for his father's Colonial Wars service. Here Taylor built a brick house, which he sold to George Rudy in late 1795. He then moved across Brownsboro Road to his Springfield farm. Father of Zachary Taylor.
(reverse). Pennsylvanian George Rudy and his son-in-law John Herr bought 175 acres here in 1795, naming the survey line Rudy's Lane in 1797. Herr & Rudy, who were blacksmiths, farriers, roadbuilders & farmers once owned all of present-day Windy Hills. Six family homes are still standing. Rudy Lane became a Jefferson County road in 1909.