Ca. 1898 to 1969 (and today)The Planer mill building is the oldest surviving building at Long Leaf. While this building may have been constructed as early as 1895, it most probably dates from 1898, when Crowell and Spencer changed from partnership, to a corporation, Crowell & Spencer Lumber Co, Ltd. The mill was rebuilt for the first time in 1920, when the present Allis Chalmers Corliss steam engine and the two outside boilers were installed. It was rebuilt again to its present configuration in 1957 when most of the molding machines were removed and the American molder and its associated facilities were installed.
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, May 26th, 2019 at 8:01pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||15R E 542128 N 3430415|
|Decimal Degrees||31.00658333, -92.55868333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 31° 0.395', W 92° 33.521'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||31° 0' 23.7" N, 92° 33' 31.26" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near , ,|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.