Lincoln Highway Heritage CorridorLocated just a stone's throw from the Forbes Road (later the Lincoln Highway), the Everett Foundry and Machine Shop was the place to go for machine parts, welded pieces, molds or bells. The business was started in 1854 by Josiah and Jeremiah Baughman. The original wooden building was destroyed by fire in the 1870s, and rebuilt with brick at a cost of $3,500. Since the mid-1970s, the Foundry has been a private residence and art studio.
|Series||This marker is part of the Lincoln Highway series|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, June 2nd, 2019 at 5:02pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||17T E 723947 N 4432224|
|Decimal Degrees||40.01053333, -78.37618333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 40° 0.632', W 78° 22.571'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||40° 0' 37.92" N, 78° 22' 34.26" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling North|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near , ,|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.