Three Notch TrailThe Village of Charlotte Hall derived its name from the school located there, authorized by the Maryland General Assembly in 1774. The area was originally known as "Ye Coole Springs" for the purported healing qualities of the drinking water the springs provided. The Village of Charlotte Hall was originally incorporated in 1914; however, the incorporation was repealed in 1941, possibly due to the lack of sufficient population to support the municipal government.
|Placed By||Three Notch Trail, Rotary Club of Charlotte Hall|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, June 16th, 2019 at 8:01am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||18S E 344829 N 4260662|
|Decimal Degrees||38.48080000, -76.77898333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 38° 28.848', W 76° 46.739'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||38° 28' 50.88" N, 76° 46' 44.34" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling South|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near , ,|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.