Between 1837 and 1839, William Heathcote built this building for use as a woolen mill. In 1851, Heathcote sold his woolen mill to Phillip Sheffer and Charles Olp. Sheffer bought out Olp and in 1852, converted the woolen mill into a grist mill.
In April 1985, Israel Glatfelter bought the mill from George F. Seitz and made many improvements which increased the mill's capacity. In 1918, Glatfelter sold the mill to Frank and Thaddeus Owings, who along with flour, began to manufacture June Bug Feed.
In 1983, after 144 years of continuous service as a woolen, flour, and feed mill, the mill ceased operating and by 1984, was being converted into a restaurant. This building is the oldest standing building in Glen Rock. In December 1893, Israel Glatfelter, a tailor by trade, added the front building to his flour mill and opened a clothing store. This was the first building in town to have large glass display windows.