239On this site stood Judson House, originally three Greek Revival houses built in 1845. They were redesigned and combined in 1899 by McKim, Mead and White for Judson Church staff apartments and church programs, which included a community medical clinic (1920's-30's) and student/youth housing (1940's-60's). Also in the 1960's, the two-room Judson Gallery downstairs showed early important work by avant-garde artists Yoko Ono, Nam Jun Paik, Charlotte Mooreman, Jim Dine, Claes Oldenburg, Kate Millett and others. The current façade is an interpretive reconstruction.
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 28th, 2019 at 2:01am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||18T E 584565 N 4509252|
|Decimal Degrees||40.72986667, -73.99856667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 40° 43.792', W 73° 59.914'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||40° 43' 47.52" N, 73° 59' 54.84" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling South|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near , ,|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.