The Samuel Mather MansionThe 43-room Tudor mansion represents a fine example of stately homes in Cleveland at the turn of the century and is the last of the "Millionaire Row" homes that once lined Euclid Avenue. It was designed by Charles F. Schweinfurth, a world-renowned Cleveland architect, in 1905-06 and completed in 1910 at a cost of $1,200,000. Following Samuel Mather's death in 1931, the building was occupied by the Cleveland Institute of Music until 1940 then by the Cleveland Automobile Club until 1967 when it was purchased by The Cleveland State University. The mansion was entered into the National Register of Historic Places on February 20, 1973.
|Series||This marker is part of the Ohio: Ohio Historical Society series|
|Placed By||The Cleveland State University and The Ohio Historical Society|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 28th, 2019 at 5:02am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||17T E 444034 N 4594747|
|Decimal Degrees||41.50240000, -81.67056667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 41° 30.144', W 81° 40.234'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||41° 30' 8.6399999999999" N, 81° 40' 14.04" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near , ,|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.