The south part of this area, known as Presto, was settled in 1870 by the Burrell, Just and Shoemaker families. In 1883 the Pritchett family came to Cedar Hollow. Later the Goshen, and the Christensen Monson, Hansen, Jensen, Teeples, Stoddard families and other between 1893-1895. Irrigation water was supplies from Cedar Hollow, Blackfoot River, Sand Creek, and the Idaho Canal. The first schools were held in Presto and served the entire area. Between 1896-1899 a school and Latter-day Saints church were erected in Goshen. The ward was organized in 1900 with Lars Sorensen, bishop.