life, Morrison was known as a man of great integrity.
In his last years, Morrison resumed the practice of law in Waterloo, where he died September 29, 1909. The home Morrison purchased in 1854 at the corner of Library and Park Streets was left in his will to the City of Waterloo to be used as public library. The city library, formerly housed in the Siegel Building on Main Street after being organized in 1892 and chartered in 1894, was moved to the Col. Morrison Home in 1911, under the name Talbott Free Library. In 1935 the name of the library was changed to Morrison-Talbott Library to honor both Morrison, who gave the building, and Henry and Mary Talbott, who donated the first books.
William Ralls Morrisom Sept 14,1824 - Sept 29, 1909
The library remained in the Col. Morrison Home until 1996, when it was moved next door into the newly built library building.