Around 1550 this house was built on the
middle part of the village commons by
a Lindach citizen for use as a private house. Late Gothic influences and
Renaissance elements of the time
influence the architectural style of the building.
Notable structural features are the west-aligned gables, the hipped roof,
the so-called Welsh hood, the external staircase leading into the upper floor,
and the decorative framework.
Around 1680 the upper floor was sold to the community. The lower floor remained under private ownership until
1987, when the whole house finally became
community property. Upstairs there was once a council room and chaplain's office.
Around 1681 there was the addition of the communal baking house, which could be used by the entire village population.
Through the so-called "baking game" the baking time slots were raffled off. The house has a rich and varied history, as it was also housed the village smithy, and was also used as lodgings for local shepherds and for priests making their rounds. Today it serves as a meeting and gathering place for local clubs and associations.