Crib barns were made of rough-hewn logs notched and laid horizontally; gaps went unfilled to save labor and provide ventilation. The multifunctional structures sheltered livestock, held feed, stored equipment, and more, such as housing a blacksmith shop.
This barn, originally built in Perry County, was dismantled and stored before being purchased and reconstructed by the Bob Evans Farm.
They later donated it to the Southwest Franklin County Historical Society and the City of Grove City. Replacement logs and other lumber were donated by Andy Deshong. Blacksmith Jim Brown, a SFCHS member, hand forged replacement hinges and latches.
Original Location: Perry County, Ohio
Original Construction: ca. 1860-1890