StrathmoreWhen John and Peter Roth came to Tulare County in 1878. They acquired and dry-farmed thousands of acres along the Tule River. Their holdings extend north through the present Strathmore area. In 1888 they built a grain-loading platform on the westside of the Southern Pacific tracks just north of this marker. The site became known as Roth's Spur. In 1906 Balfour Guthrie Company of London, who operated the Roth Ranch laid out a townsite and subdivided surrounding acreage into small farms. The town was known as Roth, Balfour and Filo before it finally became Strathmore.
|Series||This marker is part of the E Clampus Vitus series|
|Placed By||Dr. Samuel Gregg George Chapter 1855 E Clampus Vitus|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, October 26th, 2019 at 8:01pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||11S E 314237 N 4002054|
|Decimal Degrees||36.14543333, -119.06476667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 36° 8.726', W 119° 3.886'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||36° 8' 43.56" N, 119° 3' 53.16" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling West|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near , ,|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.