(Ducor)In 1885 four German homesteaders Chris Joos, Ben Spuhler, Fred Schmidt, Gotlet Utley, sunk a common water well where the corners of their land met. This junction became Dutch Corners. In 1888 the east side line of the Southern Pacific Railroad was built and the name was condensed to Ducor. Shade Braly, John Dennis, Charles Tibbens, Richard Shoup, and J. W. Righter formed The Ducor Land Co in 1909. Stimulating community life and town development.
|Series||This marker is part of the E Clampus Vitus series|
|Placed By||Dr. Samuel Gregg George Chapter 1855 E Clampus Vitus|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, October 26th, 2019 at 8:01pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||11S E 315340 N 3973855|
|Decimal Degrees||35.89156667, -119.04593333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 35° 53.494', W 119° 2.756'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||35° 53' 29.64" N, 119° 2' 45.36" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling East|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near , ,|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.